It helps in building a functional website without writing long HTML codes. However, there are different CMS available in the market. Different CMS come with different and unique features; you need to choose the content management system that is best for you to build a website. If you go for a paid website builder, you get additional features, such as you can add attractive themes and templates to your website. You can manage the content of your website using the best CMS for Website Development.
This article is an attempt to provide you with the best content management systems available in the market.
Before we get to the best CMS software available in the market, let us understand the benefits of using a content management system.
Benefits of CMS(Content Management System)–
Here are some of the benefits of using a content management system:
Build a User-friendly website: A content management system is easy to use for the user. Since you do not require a lot of technical knowledge to build a website using cms, it is comparatively easy to use. If you are looking for a solution to build a website without much technical know-how, you should consider using a content management system.
Easy To Maintain: It is easy to maintain a CMS; it does not require you to possess a lot of technical knowledge. It provides you with various easy-to-use features to make an attractive website.
Customizable Options: The CMS is often used because it comes with various customizable options, which makes your website more user-friendly. It provides you with options such as payment and shipping management, creating shopping carts for users, additional security features, etc.
SEO Friendly: Sometimes, it is difficult to manage SEO for your website on your own. With the help of cms, you don’t have to worry about your website ranking on top of the search engine results pages. The cms manage the content on your website and optimize your website to make it appear on search engine results pages.
Measure Results: CMS provides you with in-built tools which enable you to measure your performance. With the help of those provided tools, you can measure the performance of your website and make the necessary changes to it. Also, You can hire a Web Design Company in Dubai if you are not much of a tech geek. They can help you with the best possible solution to build your project.
Software To Build a Website –
Here’s a List of the Top 10 Content Management Systems For You:
1) WordPress.org — Best CMS For DevelopersFeatures:
- It is an open-source web hosting platform as well as a strong content management system.
- A user-friendly and helpful tool for those who do not have much technical knowledge.
- It is easy to maintain a website using WordPress; hence it is most suitable for bloggers.
- If you are not technically savvy, you can use the basic version of WordPress, i.e. WordPress.com, and for a more advanced version, you can use wordpress.org, which also provides you with some additional benefits.
Price — Offers one basic plan that is free, and other premium plans that are paid range from $4 to $45 per month
2) Shopify — Web Content Management System
- Shopify is used all over the world; it is most suitable for those looking to build a full-fledged eCommerce website. So instead of hiring an Ecommerce Website Development Company, You can opt for Shopify.
- It enables you to create a website and provides you to manage the software, keep the backup, install the updates, etc.
- The payment management system in Shopify provides you with third-party integrations such as PayPal and Brain tree; you don’t need to purchase or install an additional plugin for this purpose.
- If you build an eCommerce website using this cm, you will be able to manage the products on your website by creating categories and subcategories for homogeneous products.
- You can promote your Shopify website on social media handles such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Price — its basic plan costs $29 per month, Shopify costs $79 per month, and Advanced Shopify for $299 per month
3) Woo-commerce – Best CMS For Website Development
- Woocommerce is an open-source content management system suitable for building eCommerce websites.
- It provides the user with unique features such as calculating tax, shipping and payment management, stock and inventory management, etc.
- Woocommerce is integrated with analytics tools, email marketing, providing live chat and help-desk software, etc., to the users on the website.
- It provides various tools to optimize the website to rank it on the top of the search engine results pages.
- WooCommerce is a self-hosted website-building platform.
- It is integrated with third-party payment gateway providers such as Paypal and Stripe. However, you can use other payment gateways through extensions and add-ons.
Price — Starts from $3.99 per month, and costs vary based on the popularity of the website.
4) Big Commerce — Best Website Builder Software
- Bigcommerce is a fully-hosted eCommerce platform; if you are a beginner looking to build an eCommerce website, go for big commerce.
- It is very easy to use and provides easy product and content management on the website.
- Bigcommerce provides you with the facility to integrate with other content management systems such as WordPress.
- If you are looking to build an eCommerce website, you will surely need to optimize it. Bigcommerce manages the content on your website and optimizes it to rank on top of search engine results pages.
- Bigcommerce facilitates email marketing, where you can send promotional emails to your prospects and buyers.
Price– From $30/month
5) Squarespace – Web Design Software Tool
- If you are a small or medium-level business owner looking to take your business online, you should consider using Squarespace; it is an easy-to-use website builder.
- It provides various attractive features such as website add-ons, templates, tools, and many more.
- You can create a website that is optimized for mobile screens.
- This website enables you to use more than one template on the same website, and it is fully editable.
- If you already own a website, you can add an eCommerce module to your existing website using Squarespace.
Price — Offers a 14-day free trial; after that, premium plans start from $12 per month.
6) Wix.com – Free Website Builder
- It is a cloud-based, beginner-friendly website builder, easy to use for users.
- Its free version contains ads, whereas its premium version is paid and ad-free.
- It provides free themes and templates that can be used to make the website look more attractive.
- However, its free version does not provide you with a domain name, so if you want to keep the website, you’ll have to go premium.
- Wix provides various free and paid apps that help in adding additional features to a website to make it look magnificent.
Price — the basic version is, premium starts at $14 per month
7) Joomla! – Content Management System(CMS)
- Joomla is an open-source content management system suitable for professionals.
- You can use Joomla if you are building an eCommerce website, as it provides various additional extensions for that purpose.
- You can make hundreds of sub-pages using Joomla at a very minimum cost.
- Joomla is not very user-friendly for beginners, though it is a good choice for developers.
- It helps in creating a website according to your desires, using various templates and extensions.
Price — Joomla is free, though you’ll need to pay for a domain name and web hosting that supports Joomla.
8) Drupal – Web Content Management System
- Drupal provides various themes and templates where you can also preview your website.
- Just like WordPress provides plugins, drupal provides various modules which you can use to add additional features to your website.
- Drupal is a good option if you are building a website that needs to contain a lot of data, so if you are a developer or planning to hire a developer, drupal is a great option.
- If you are looking for an alternative to WordPress, you can go for drupal.
- It is very easy to manage a website made using drupal, as you can create new roles and specify their permissions.
Price — Drupal is available free of cost.
To conclude, a content management system helps build a website and maintain the content on the website without having to write long codes. There are some CMS that exclusively provide you to build a website, and others focus on managing the content on the website. If you are a non-technical savvy person, choosing the right cms for your website is the best way to create and manage a website. However, choosing a content management system depends upon your skills as a web developer.
Now that you know about various content management tools, you can pick the one you found to be the most suitable for you.